As a fraternal benefit society, Luso-American Financial – A Fraternal Benefit Society is committed to protecting the privacy of current and former members who obtain our insurance and financial products and services.
What information is collected?
- We limit the collection and use of personal information to the extent required to administer and service your insurance and financial certificates.
- In order to provide you with our products and services, we collect non-public personal information, such as your name, address, phone numbers, date of birth, marital status, social security number, occupation, general reputation, financial data, medical information and personal characteristics.
- It is also our responsibility to verify your identity to detect and prevent fraud, money laundering and terrorism
How is information collected?
- Most information is obtained from you on Luso-American Financial provided forms and/or applications.
- We may obtain additional information from third parties based upon your signed authorization. These parties may include the Medical Information Bureau, health care providers, agents, and consumer reporting agencies.
How is your personal information used?
- Once collected, we maintain the highest level of confidentiality with regard to your non-public personal information by:
- Educating all employees in the importance of maintaining the privacy of our members and clients.
- Limiting employee access to your information by job function while maintaining electronic and procedural safeguards which comply with federal and state regulations
- Never selling lists of member names and addresses to any vendor of goods or services.
Why may information be shared?
- We value your trust in our ability to manage and protect your important personal information.
- As a fraternal benefit society, we may:
- Share limited information, such as your name, address, phone numbers and date of birth withour local lodges and councils or other internal departments in order to deliver fraternal member benefits.
- Disclose lodge/council officer contact data in our monthly magazine, or our website.
- Report on participation in fraternal activities and programs.
- We must, however, comply if required by governmental authority or litigation, or audit to disclose information on your records. You have the right to access and verify your Personal Information maintained in our files and to request that any factually inaccurate Personal Information be corrected, if appropriate